PDC Energy Publishes Second Annual Sustainability Report Highlighting Additional Emission Intensity Reduction Goals and Formalized Board-Level ESG Oversight
The report highlights the Company’s goal of increased transparency and accountability, while further aligning with the
2021 Sustainability Report highlights:
- Greenhouse gas and methane emission intensity reduction goals of 60% and 50%, respectively, by 2025.
- Introduced longer-term greenhouse gas and methane emission intensity reduction goals of 74% and 70%, respectively, by 2030.
- Eliminate routine flaring by 2025, accelerating the previous goal and exceeding the target set by the World Bank Zero Routine Flaring initiative by five years.
- Achieved three years without a Lost Time Incident in each the Wattenberg Field and
Delaware Basinin 2021.
- Formalized Board oversight in September with approval of
Environmental, Social, Governance and Nominating Committee.
The 2021 Sustainability Report can be found on the Company’s website, www.pdce.com.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 ("Securities Act"), Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act"), and
PDC cautions you not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect any event or circumstance occurring after the date of this report or currently unknown facts or conditions or the occurrence of unanticipated events. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement.
|Director Stakeholder Relations|
|Director Corporate Finance & Investor Relations|
Source: PDC Energy, Inc.